Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tomorrow

I can't not believe that the students are going to start arriving.  It hasn't set in yet that all of this is real; I am living in Bangladesh and I am going to be a teacher.  It's complete and utter madness.  That said, I am really excited to get started, or maybe I am just excited to be done with orientation.  Either way I am excited and nervous.
  Last night we went to a surprise birthday party for the founder of the AUW.  It was really exciting to meet the person who had the insight to set into motion a project of this magnitude.  It makes you realize it is real people who make a difference, not some obscure entity that you only read about in the paper.  It was also nice to partake in the consumption of  bbq chicken and hotdogs and even, gasp, a beer.  
On a more serious note; cockroaches have been spotted in the building.  None have dared to enter our apartment, but I will keep everyone posted, because I know you are all as concerned as I am about the situation. 

No comments: